Sunday, February 22, 2009

Potty training update #543

I have a bit of progress to report, but the toilet training continues to be an uphill battle. I'm happy to say that he now only wears underwear on weekends and in the evenings. And, If we bring the toilet seat with us when we go out in public, or to someone else's house, he'll actually sit on it and do pees.

Number 2 is a whole other matter. He'll hold it in for as long as humanly possible (which can't be good). Even if we sit him on the toilet and read him a dozen books, he still chickens out. So, by the time he can't hold it any longer he's so worked up and nervous about it we end up caving in and letting him wear a diaper. Today he threw a diaper on the floor and lay on top of it and begged me to do it up (so I did).

No change at daycare or nursery school. We've switched to pull-ups but he still won't ask to use the toilet. I'm praying for a miracle.

No comments: