Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 things about the little guy

I had so much fun doing my list the other day that I thought I'd do one for the little guy as well. Here it goes:

1. He'd like nothing more than for me or hubby to stay home and read books to him all day long.

2. Lately he's been obsessing about the fact that he used to live in my tummy. He's very worried that it's dark in there and that he didn't have his teetee (his special blanket).

3. His current fascination is with outer space and marine creatures.

4. From the time he was born he's been the most adaptable of travelers. He absolutely loves going to new places and is able to make himself feel right at home in a cottage, hotel or wherever else we might be staying.

5. If he chose his wardrobe, everything in it would be made of fleece.

6. He's terrified of moss.

7. If patience is a virtue, he isn't very virtuous.

8. He's the type of kid who is able to play peacefully (for the most part) with pretty well any other kid.

9. Every single day he begs me to take him to the "green store" for a cookie. Almost every day I disappoint him.

10. Much to my delight, he loves to sleep in and lounge around in bed (by sleeping in I mean until 7:30).

11. Baths are fun as long as there is "no water on the head" and "just a play play."

12. He thinks that all hubby and I do at work is eat lunch. When he imitates us in the morning by making his own lunch he says, "Bye, I'm going to work to have my lunch!"

13. He knows his ABCs and 1,2,3s pretty well now, however when he's counting he often gets mixed up and says "twelve-teen."

14. It usually takes a solid 20 minutes for him to adapt to any new situation. I'm not always sure if it's just that he's shy or if he's just wary of new things.

15. If there is a camera in the room he turns into a complete and total ham.

16. I'm pretty sure that an emergency vehicle has never passed by our house unnoticed.

17. He is truly an "urban baby" who enjoys eating sushi, hanging out at coffee shops and exploring the local arts and culture scene.

18. In the summer he practically lives outside. In the winter he hibernates.

19. He is adamant that he is not a garcon.

20. When asked, he freely admits that he's a goof-a-man.

21. None of his toys require batteries because they all run on his vivid imagination.

22. The only time he looks like me is when he's mad (or so hubby likes to say). Other than that he is the spitting image of his father.

23. When it comes to sports he's a natural athlete (at least he gets something from my side of the family).

24. His diet consists mostly of shreddies, fruits and vegetable.

25. He is the snuggliest little guy in the entire world which means that hubby and I never suffer from a shortage of hugs.

No comments: