Tuesday, February 17, 2009

25 things about me

You may have seen a lot of these flying around on Facebook lately. Since I was tagged by a friend, I've decided to put this on my blog instead (like some other bloggers I know). If you have a blog, consider yourself tagged!

Here it goes:

1. I'm a tomboy (probably because I grew up with two big brother). I don't know how to operate a tube of lipstick or a curling iron.

2. I wish I was more like my Grandma. She was a saint and, even though she died many years ago, I still miss her every single day.

3. Writing is my passion. I'm lucky that I have lots of opportunities to write at home and at work.

4. When I was a kid I dreamed of being a news broadcaster when I grew up (strange given my shyness problem). It only took me a few weeks of studying journalism to change my mind.

5. I'm a very adventurous eater and I can't stand eating at chain restaurants that cater to the lowest common denominator. I am very fortunate to have my own live-in chef. I do the shopping, hubby does the cooking.

6. I'm a coffee snob and proud of it.

7. I have a wonderful circle of friends. Not a big circle. But a close circle.

8. My first crush was a boy named BJ who played hockey with my brother. When I was three I used to follow him right into the boy's locker room. To this day, my face turns red every time I bump into him.

9. One of my favourite things about being a parent is getting to do all the kid stuff again.

10. When I read, I like to escape as far as possible from my own reality. This might explain why I am such a huge fan of Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove series.

11. I recently grew almost two inches (I used to be under 5 feet). Nobody believes me but it's true! The same thing happened to my aunt when she was in her 30s.

12. I'd pay a million dollars for a pair of pants that I didn't have to get hemmed. And, I'd buy those pants in every colour that was available.

13. Speaking of sewing, I'm the most "uncrafty" person on the face of the Earth. I couldn't sew in a straight line to save my life and get bored any time I need to following instructions.

14. I love to jog, but only in fair weather. In the winter I hibernate at the gym (sometimes...).

15. When I was pregnant I felt better than I ever have in my entire life. I used to be plagued by a lot of gastrointestinal issues, but my son cured me. I think he must have kicked something back into its proper place when he was in the womb.

16. Even though I love travelling the world, I'm just as content to go on wilderness or country adventures close to home.

17. My biggest pet peeve are people who are rude and inconsiderate.

18. The thing I miss the most about where I grew up is going to the cottage every weekend. Some day soon I hope to have my own cottage.

19. I'm always worried about money and feel guilty every time I make a purchase. The only thing I don't feel guilty about buying is Starbucks coffee.

19. When I was a kid my grandfather taught me how to wiggle my ear. Now, any time I'm embarrassed my ear wiggles involuntarily.

20. Whenever I have an opportunity to make a wish, I always wish for the same thing. I'm pretty sure everyone in my family has the same wish too. Maybe if we all wish hard enough it will come true.

21. Dogs make me happy. I love to watch them run around and play. I miss how my dearly departed Springer Spaniel (Fred) used to come great me at the door every day. He could always cheer me up even when I was in the crappiest of moods.

22. Cooked carrots are my favourite food. When hubby and I moved in together he commented to me, "Do we have to have cooked carrots every night for dinner?" to which I replied, "Yes, yes we do."

23. I'm missing the "cleaning" gene. Unfortunately so is hubby. I have to invite people over for dinner periodically just to force myself to clean the house.

24. I have the most terrible bathroom humour. It comes from my dad's side of the family. When I get together with my dad or one of my brothers in particular, the conversation quickly turns to farts and poop.

25. I'm a health nut with a sweet tooth. Every day after lunch and dinner I have to eat something sweet or I go crazy.

Now it's your turn!

No comments: