Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm so mad

Today I found a notice from the city's public health office in my son's backpack. His nursery school sent it home on behalf of the city. The notice said that there was no proof of my son's vaccinations on record and that he would be removed from nursery school on March 9 if we failed to provide documentation that he's had his shots.

First of all, he's had his vaccinations.

Second, before threatening to ban him from nursery school, they could have called. And why exactly did they wait until the 11th hour before sending me this form?

Third, the form had me listed as the parent, but with the wrong last name. They put hubby's last name on the form instead of mine. I could have forgiven this error if they hadn't also spelled his last name wrong.

Fourth, they completely botched the little guy's name (no wonder they can't find his records!). They had his middle name listed as his last name, and his last name (spelled wrong) as his middle name.

And finally, I'm pretty sure I provided proof of vaccination to the nursery school when I registered him last fall. Couldn't the nursery school have just shared this information?

I'm going to call the public health office tomorrow to let them know exactly how I feel. The whole thing is just so stupid!

No comments: