Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snow day!

This morning our snow what as high as the fence in our backyard. 51 cm of the white stuff fell within the last 36 hours, right as the city was just finishing the clearing from our last storm. This winter has been just on snowstorm after the next. Will it ever be spring?

There is literally nowhere to put the snow. If it snows again, I don't know people are going to do.

I know that the city has been doing the best it can to clear the snow. Even so, I can't help be more than a little frustrated these days. Normally, I pick up baby boy in the chariot stroller, rain (snow) or shine. But for the past month or so this has been impossible. There are huge snowbanks at every corner. Or, these days, the sidewalks haven't been cleared at all meaning that we'd have to walk on the road. Walking on the road just isn't an option. There is barely enough room for one car to drive down most streets because of the masses of snow. Thank goodness we have a car. I honestly don't know how families without cars are coping right now. They must all be pulling toboggans down the middle of the street.

And what about older people and persons with disabilities? I can only imagine that they are captives in their own homes right now.

When it isn't snowing (and it's mostly always snowing), we get freezing rain. I can tell you that there is nothing like walking to work on a skating rink!

Will it ever end? If spring doesn't come soon I think I'm going to go insane.

No comments: