Monday, March 03, 2008

I take it back

Can I take back all of those words I said the other day about baby boy and the terrible 2s? Tonight my angel came back to me. We had such a nice evening together, just the two of us. We played games, read books, and lounged on the couch together talking about interesting toddler stuff like flying airplanes. He asked me what black cats say. I said "meow". He asked me what orange cats say. I said "meow". And then he asked me what blue and green cats say and I said, "I don't know. I've never met a blue or green cat before."

As he nestled next to me on the couch, I held his little chubby little hand and admired how dimply they still were. I sniffed his head and took in that lovely baby smell that he still emits. I gently stroked his hair and ran my fingers over his face like he was a newborn baby again.

These are the moments that every mother lives for.

No comments: