Thursday, May 27, 2010

This is a test

So yesterday I wrote about how I wanted to lose 15 lbs. By some coincidence, an ad popped up on the side of Facebook today that said, "Want to lose 15 lbs?"

I have another blog about a medical issue I'm going through right now. Every time I put up a new post, the ads on Facebook start hitting a little too close to home.

I'm torn. On the one hand I feel incredibly violated and think I should wash my hands of Facebook. On the other hand, I enjoy keeping up with friends and family on Facebook. At the very least, I'm going to have to look more closely at the privacy settings.

So to test my theory that Facebook is tracking my other online activity, I'm going to put some strange keywords down below to see if there is any correlation with the ads that pop up in the next few days. Here it goes:

- erectile dysfunction
- diapers
- leather furniture
- stephen king
- sinus infections

Let the test begin!

No comments: