Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

The day before Mother's Day I was rudely awakened at 5:30 am with yelling, screaming, whining etc...

After little Mr. Grouch settled down, I had a little heart to heart with him.

"It's Mother's Day tomorrow," I told him.

"Can I give you your present tomorrow?" he asked, excitedly. (He'd been hiding my gift for a few days and desperately wanted to give it to me). All the waiting was killing him.

"Yes, tomorrow you can give me the present," I told him. "And you know what else?"

"What?" he asked, eagerly.

"Because it's Mother's Day you have to let Mommy sleep in. That's what kids do for their Mommies on Mother's Day."

"But....But....who is going to get up with me?" he asked.

"You can quietly come into Mommy and Daddy's room and watch cartoons," I told him. "But you can't be loud and you can't bug me."

"But who can I bug to make me breakfast?" he asked.

"You can either make your own breakfast or you can bug daddy," I replied.

"Okay, Mom."

Yesterday, true to his word, I didn't hear so much as a peep out of him. He quietly snuck into bed with us and snoozed for a while, and then got up and watched a show. When he got hungry, he tiptoed over to dad's side of the bed and said, "Dad, mom said I could bug you to make me breakfast." :-)

That in itself was the best Mother's Day present ever! A close second were the giant tulip card with "I love you" written across it and the plasticine garden he made for me. They are both being displayed with pride.

No comments: