Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I stand corrected

The Spiderman lunch box made its way home safely. The little guy had not given it away to a kid in his class. I feel so bad for thinking that, but he was acting so strangely.

Bad mom. Very bad mom.

********************

In other news, I completed my very first triathlon last Saturday. It was a mini one, but it was still a good physical challenge. I'm happy to report that I didn't drown. In fact, the swim went amazingly well. All of that pool training really paid off. My swim time was pretty slow, but it was only a very small part of a much larger race. As the lady behind me in the start line said, "You can make up your swim time while changing into your shoes." And she was right! Being fast in the transition zones made a big difference to your overall time.

To keep up the momentum I'll be competing in the marathon 10 km race this coming Saturday. I did a long run on Sunday to prove to myself that I could actually make it to the finish line. The triathlon training must have really helped because I wasn't even stiff the next day.

Since I'm on a fitness kick (did I mention I was taking tennis lessons too?) I've decided to make some changes to my diet too. I'd like to lose between 15 and 20 lbs between now and my birthday in September. It shouldn't be too hard if I keep up my activity level and cut back on the carbs (I'm a total carb junkie). I weighed in this morning and just about cried. How did I gain so much weight?????

Wish me luck!

No comments: