Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby Eagle cam

One of my colleagues sent me a link to this live web cam of an eagle's nest.

There is a newborn baby eagle in the nest along with an unhatched egg. I was told that the other egg isn't going to hatch. Normally the parents throw any unhatched eggs out of the nest, but not this time. The baby eagle is VERY attached to the egg. He/she often sits on it and snuggles up to it. It's very cute! I think the mother bird doesn't have the heart to toss the egg out of the nest.

The little guy would sit and watch the live cam for hours if I let him. He's absolutely fascinated with all of the activity going on in the nest. We tune in several times a day to see what the family is up to. Often we see the mom feeding or snuggling with the baby (she's a very loving and dedicated mommy). Sometimes they sit and talk to each other.

It's a real lesson in nature!

1 comment:

Nathalie S. Roths said...

Webcam that features animal! I love it! I had friends who did it for an owl nest many years ago and people loved it. Thank you for sharing the link with us! :-)