Friday, February 08, 2008

Through a baby's eyes

I wish I could see the world through my son's eyes. That way:

- doing chores would become a game, rather than a burden;

- I could fart out loud, no matter what the company, without feeling embarrassed or ashamed;

- I would never get annoyed by the loud sirens and horns as firetrucks blazed past our house at all hours of the day or night. Instead firetrucks would give me great joy and I would never once think about what horrible disaster they might be heading towards;

- I'd approach all of my day's activities with a newfound excitement. Oh how wonderful, the fourth round edits to the speech are back! I'll hop right on those!;

- Without a moment's hesitation, I'd splash in the puddles and soak myself from head to toe;

- It would take me 10 times as long to walk anywhere, because I would be distracted by all of the little things that we take for granted. The grass and the weeds, the sticks and leaves;

- I would be a much better hockey fan;

- I could invent new words;

- it would always be about me and what I want, rather than everybody else;

- I'd never have to walk more than a few feet to find something fun to do;

- winter wouldn't drag me down;

- and the world would be full of so many more possibilities!

I love the world that my son sees. I'm so glad he's sharing it with me.

No comments: