Sunday, February 17, 2008

Don't drink the water!

Baby boy still hates baths. He kicks, screams, cries, begs etc...to get out of them. We've tried every trick in the book to get him excited about bath time. Nothing works.

Lately, he hasn't been bathing as often as we'd like him to. He's about as easy to get into a bathtub as a cat (need I say more!). We tend to just sponge him down with a soapy wet cloth and put off the inevitable. Until, of course, his hair gets dirty.

Today was a hair wash day. Daddy got into the bath with him, which sometimes helps to calm him down a bit. To some extent it did work. Once baby boy's hair was washed, he threw buckets of water on daddy's head. That went over well. He even smiled and laughed a bit.

After he was out of the tub and dried off, I asked him if he wanted to pee on the potty.

"No," he said. "I peed in the bath."

Boy am I glad I wasn't the one who volunteered to get in the tub with him today!

No comments: