Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Texas here we come!

In a couple of weeks we'll be leaving for San Antonio for my cousin's wedding. He's getting married underwater at Sea World, and making history at the same time. This will be the first ever scuba diving wedding at that Sea World. Pretty crazy, huh? Hubby is in the wedding party. And for those who are wondering: No he doesn't have to tread water during the ceremony. His duties will all be on dry land.

Although San Antonio wasn't our ideal winter vacation destination, I think it will be fun. We'll get a break from this cold weather, and have a chance to catch up with some close friends and relatives.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing the look on baby boy's face when he sees a live whale up close. He loves watching videos of whales on You Tube, and constantly asks me, "What does whale poop look like, Mommy?" Now is his chance to find out once and for all.

The last time I was in San Antonio, I was 5 months pregnant. It was July and it was stinking hot. So hot you could have fried eggs on the pavement. We spent the vast majority of our time in air conditioned comfort. Except of course for the day we drove to Corpus Christie to go for a swim in the ocean. In the car, I was so excited about the prospect of lounging in the cool water. Boy was I disappointed! The water was almost as hot as the air -- like a hot tub. And there was not a tree or a patch of shade to be found. I spent most of the afternoon sitting in a 2 foot square patch of homemade shade by propping a tarp between two cars. Baby boy didn't kick once that day, and by evening I was sick with worry. I aked him to give mommy a kick to tell her everything was okay. On cue, he gave me a big hoof in the gut.

Texas in winter is much more my style. I'm looking forward to seeing the Alamo in comfort, and to pleasant walks along the river walk. But most of all, I'm looking forward to the margaritas!

2 comments:

redmom said...

Have a blast at the wedding and send my congrats!!

NH Yocal said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of!!! I love SeaWorld but have never thought of such a thing. Sounds like it is going to be a blast.