Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A future marine biologist???

I swear that the little guy knows the name of every fish, shark and whale in the ocean. Yesterday, to his great delight, I presented him with a copy of the "First Encyclopedia of Seas and Oceans." We must have spent two hours looking at the pictures and talking about all of the different types of marine life depicted on the page. He wants to know absolutely everything there is to know about the underwater world.

Sadly, we dismantled our salt water tank last year. If we had known he was going to be so into it, we might have kept it going.

My caregiver was telling me that lately he's been gravitating more and more to her extensive (and I mean extensive) collection of sea creature figurines. Her son used to collect them so she has some really beautiful ones. Yesterday when I came to pick him up he was still napping. Clasped in his hand was the most realistic toy salmon I've ever seen. And, nestled next to him was a whale, a shark and a frog.

As a result of his latest preoccupation, he's become very curious about our fire extinguisher. Even though I've explained it to him a million times, he's convinced that its a scuba diving tank.

I'm predicting that his next phase will be dinosaurs. What's your guess?

No comments: