Monday, March 02, 2009

Camera shy

Tonight I received a notice from the little guy's nursery school that tomorrow is the last day to order school photos. This came as a complete surprise to me because I hadn't even seen the photo proofs. So I sent the director a note to explain the situation.

I got the following response:

"I am sorry to say that he would not get his picture taken. He was the only one who wouldn't. We took turns throughout the morning trying non-stressful ways of encouraging him....but to no avail. I could tell he was not going to be talked into it without becoming really stressed so we just let it go."

I wrote her back to say that I wasn't too surprised. We've tried to get his passport photo taken three times to no avail. He gets really intimidated by strangers behind big cameras. Lucky for us he's a total ham for the camera at home so we have roughly 2 billion other photos of him.

Picture day wasn't a total loss, though. The staff were able to convince him to pose for a group photo so, at the very least, we'll be getting a group shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

laughing out loud! determined little one eh. he'll go far in life...