Saturday, March 20, 2010

While riding the bus

I took the little guy on a bus ride adventure the other day (at his request). On our travels, we happened upon a couple of very cool toy stores. Normally we just go in and "look" but, because it was our special day together, I told him we could buy one new toy. After a great deal of deliberation he chose a sperm whale to add to his whale figurine collection.

On the bus ride home, he asked if he could take it out of his bag.

"Of course," I said, and handed it to him.

The bus was very crowded, which makes the story I'm about to tell all the more embarrassing.

"Mom," he said a little too loudly, "I think I'm going to name him Spermy."

"Uh huh," I said, pretending to only be half listening.

"Sperm whales are called sperm whales because they have lots of sperm," he told me.
"The sperm comes out of their blow hole."

At this point, my face turned completely red and I wished I could hide under my seat.

For the record, he has no clue what sperm means!

No comments: