Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Oh happy day!

It's always nice when a happy day follows a sad one. Why am I so happy? The little guy has adopted the diaper free lifestyle at daycare as well as at home. I was so worried that he might revert back to his old ways. Guess I worried for nothing.

Over snack he asked his buddy SM, "Do you know how to use the toilet?" knowing full well that the answer was "No." What a little show-off! It's only been a little over two weeks now and already he's acting like an expert.

*************************

So we're back to work this week after a glorious 2-week vacation. Photos to follow shortly! We especially enjoyed our trip to the cottage, despite having a few rather wet and rainy days.

Once the photos are uploaded I'll tell you more. In the meantime here is a funny story.

Hubby's fishing rod snapped after an unfortunate tangle in the weeds. It was, however, fixable (or at least temporarily). The little guy watched the whole repair job with great interest. A couple of times he also made himself useful by climbing up to the cottage to fetch supplies.

On his first supply run he said, "Mom, I need Daddy's little knife" (swiss army knife).

"Where did daddy say he left it," I asked. "On the kitchen counter," he replied.

I fetched it and off he went to find hubby. Not two minutes later he was back again. This time he said, "Mommy, I need the sculptate."

"The what?" I asked.

"The sculptate," he repeated.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Can you say it again?"

At this point he became very frustrated with me. "Sculptate!" he yelled over and over.

As I tried to figure out what he was looking for hubby yelled up the hill to us, "Did you find the scotch tape?"

:-)
***********************************

He's suddenly become Mr. Independent -- helping himself to snacks, brushing his own teeth, using the toilet and getting dressed all by himself.

The getting dressed part is quite humourous. Most days he puts his shirt on backwards and/or inside out. Often he underwear is on the wrong way too. When I point this out to him he says, "That's the way I like to wear them, Mom." Hey, who am I to judge?

He is, of course, just as skilled at taking his clothes off as he is at putting them on. If he had his choice he'd be naked all the time. Luckily our friends think it's really cute when he performs his little striptease act. Apparently I was a little exhibitionist when I was his age, so I guess he comes by it honestly.

No comments: