Friday, December 08, 2006

Sorry it's taken so long to write

I've had one hell of a week (well, two weeks actually)!

First it was the mad rush to get everything on my "to do" list done before I went back to work. The list was as long as my arm. Then I had to prepare for the little guy's first birthday party. And, no sooner were the birthday celebrations over -- BAM! I was back to work.

I started a new job on Monday. I cried when I said goodbye in the morning. I cried again when I walked by a a woman and her baby on my lunch break. But I haven't cried since. I think I got it out of my system because I'm feeling much better now.

Baby boy is also feeling much better about daycare. He isn't protesting when he gets dropped off in the morning. It's now become a familiar routine -- and routine is comforting. His days are fun-filled, and I know he is in an environment where he is happy and well loved.

But we're both exhausted. I took today off to help ease the transition. He slept most of the morning, and he's up there napping again. I should probably go join him....I forgot how exhausting starting a new job could be. It's doubly exhausting when you are up once or twice a night with a baby.

To top it off, the poor little guy had the worst diaper rash of his life this week. And now he's teething again. Sighhhhh....It must be tough to be a baby!

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: