Monday, March 30, 2009

Gone fishing

We've gone "fishing" every day now for the last week. At the park. With a stick. In a dirty mud puddle.

He's caught some pretty big "fish" (leaves).

"Mom, I caught a fish!" he yells each time he hooks a clump of soggy, rotting leaves.

Speaking of mud puddles....I practically had to rescue him from one the other day. The mud around the puddle was so thick and squishy that his boot sank in pretty deep. When he tried to lift his foot out it just wouldn't budge. I (stupidly) was wearing my leather walking shoes. Right as I was about to dive in the mud after him (probably getting stuck myself) a nice lady in long rubber boots came to our aid.

Despite it's messiness, I love spring! If I had had my boots on I probably would have dove right into those mud puddles too.

No comments: