Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Date night

Every time that hubby goes away on a business trip I plan a date night with the little guy. We usually go out for dinner and then do something fun like play with the trains at Chapters.

Tonight we decided to go shopping for a soccer ball. We found a really cool and inexpensive one at Old Navy. The little guy carried it in his arms the whole time we were out. He would have rather kicked it around the mall all night but mommy (that mean, old ogre) wouldn't let him.

Pre-school soccer starts in May so we're going to start practicing. When I told him I signed him up for soccer he was so excited about the idea of playing on a team, just like Caillou. I imagine that coaching pre-school soccer is a little bit like herding cats - should be very amusing to watch.

I've also been toying with the idea of signing him up for T-ball but I don't think there is enough running involved. Also, he would constantly have to wait for his turn to bat, which is awfully hard for a 3-year old. What he needs are activities where he can run his little heart out. Soccer just seemed like the natural choice.

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here, haven't I? What I meant to say was that besides getting a soccer ball tonight, we went out for dinner and ate sushi and frozen chocolate yogurt. How's that for a date night?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love those nights! in fact i still do the same kinda thing now that my girls are both 11. although hubby doesn't travel (i do that!), he has his exercise class on thursday nights so we usually make plans to do dinner, like nacho's at the local restaurant. it's so nice to be able to have one on one time with your child. enjoy it.

p.s. you'll love soccer!