Thursday, January 31, 2008

Time for a tune-up

I've developed some really bad habits over the last year or so. Perhaps the worst of which has been not following a regular exercise program. I'm now announcing publicly that those days are over. I joined a gym and have committed to going 4 times a week over my lunch hour. So far so good. I give all of my readers to kick my butt if I don't stick with the program.

Here are some other ways I'm going to tune myself up:

- Tomorrow, I'm cutting my hair. It's not going to be the usual trim. I'm getting myself a new look. Something sexy!

- On Monday, I'm going for some much needed career counseling.

- I'm going to try to turn in my Blackberry (wish me luck with this one!)

- A lot of my stress comes from taking too much onto my own shoulders. So, I'm going to start delegating a lot more.

- I am going to treat myself to a facial.

- I'm giving up caffeine. The process has begun. Just give me a few more days and I'll have made the full switch to decaf.

- I'm putting my sweet tooth in check. No more desserts at every meal.

- When I do eat dessert, I'm going to go all out and enjoy every last bite.

- I'm going to cut back my spending. No more clothes that I don't really need. No more expensive coffee drinks. No more eating out so much.

- Guilt sucks. So I'm not going to let others (i.e. certain family members) make me feel guilt anymore.

- I'm going to go out on more dates with hubby. When is the last time we went to the movies together? Neither of us remembers.

- I'm going to convert this house into an oasis. First step: I'm going to "declutter" this house because we've got way too much crap. Maybe I'll even hire a Feng Shui consultant.

Wish me luck with this ambitious list.

No comments: