Thursday, October 11, 2007

Remember me?

I'm totally weirded out by the number of people who want to be my "friend" on Facebook who I don't even remember. Today I got a message from someone I supposedly went to high school with. It reads, "Wow. I remember you from high school. How are you?" I don't know if I should even bother replying. I honestly have no idea who this guy is. Do I have Alzheimer's or something?

I've always prided myself in my ability to remember people's names and faces. Could it be that I've just chosen to remember some people, and completely blocked out others.

Some of the friends I've acquired were only -- at best -- slight acquaintances back in high school. I only accepted them into my friend list to be polite. After all, maybe we really were friends at one time, but I've totally blocked that part of my life out. I've managed to almost completely block grade 8 from memory (worst year of my life by far!) so it's entirely possible. Either that or I was drunk.... Again, entirely possible.

Of course there do exist a lot of "friend sluts" who will befriend anyone who has ever passed by in their general direction. Maybe I'm just being approached by people who like to get around, if you know what I mean... Maybe I'm just another notch on the belt. I suppose I shouldn't be too critical. I've become more popular on Facebook than I ever have in real life!

No comments: