Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The poop debate

So the little guy stepped in a big pile of dog poop yesterday. And hubby and I fought all night about who was going to clean off his rubber boots. We even contemplated throwing them out and buying a new pair (yah, it was that nasty!).

Our conversation fight went something like this:

Hubby: I think you should clean the poop off his boots.

Me: Oh, really? And why do you think that?

Hubby: Because you are "pro" dog. You think dogs are so great and so cute. You don't care that they crap all over because dogs are so great and all. And I don't really like dogs all that much. They are kind of nasty and disgusting.

Me: So you think I should clean off his boots because I like dogs and you don't?

Hubby: Yes. Yes I do.

Me: You should also know that I am "pro" people picking up after their dogs. I am not "pro" letting dogs crap wherever they like.

I think you should clean off the boots.

Hubby: So what is your argument. I think my argument is pretty strong.

Me: Well, let's see. I made your breakfast, lunch and dinner today. I also did the grocery shopping. Plus I get the little guy up, dressed and out the door every single morning which, as you know, is not the easiest of tasks these days. And....(I went on for 5 minutes rattling off my list). So, you should clean the poop.

Or, I'll clean them in your shower :-0

Hubby: Okay, fine. Let's just buy new boots.

Me: Fine. New boots it is.

This morning it was damp outside so he had to wear boots. Hubby was in the shower and time was ticking so I ended up cleaning the boots. I soaked them in a bucket of hot water in the yard. Life is so unfair.

I should have tossed them in the shower with hubby....

No comments: