Saturday, October 03, 2009

Life's little details are killing me

For those of you who know me, I am not a "detail" person. I'll remind you that I once forgot to order chairs for an event I was planning (oops!). I've never lived that one down.

Junior Kindergarten is all about remembering details. Just this week I had to:
- Order name labels
- Label all of his stuff
- Make snacks every morning
- Prepare for picture day
- Buy new "backup" clothes to account for all of the stuff that goes missing
- Track down three missing items
- Pack extra rain gear
- Pack and unpack the backpack countless times
- Send back the scholastic order
- Make pancakes for the family breakfast
- Send three notes to his teacher
- Sign several forms and return them to the school
- Go to the school program night
- Make sure he returned his library book (which I'll have to remember every single Friday)
- Read several memos from the school
- Coordinate field trip volunteer days
- Transfer important dates into calendar (i.e. show and tell schedule)

I'm sure that I've missed several others. Did I mention that it's killing me?

No comments: