Thursday, November 06, 2008

All souped up

Today it was so foggy outside you could barely see 10 feet in front of you. Foolishly I decided to drive the little guy to daycare. On the way I exclaimed, "It's like driving through pea soup!"

A minute later he said, "Mom, are we driving through noodle soup?"

********************

He's getting really excited that Grandma is coming to visit this weekend. After daycare today I took him to the grocery store to stock up on some grandma essentials (apricots and coffee).

When I told the little guy that Grandma really likes apricots, he replied, "Can we go get Grandma and eat the apricots?"

"But Grandma lives in another city," I said.

"Why don't we go to the airport and bring Grandma the apricots?"

Great idea, but we may be waiting for a long time for her flight to arrive!

***********************

I feel like I'm a kid again. Somehow I got "voluntold" to make posters for the nursery school fundraising event (Trivia Night, November 22 for my friends who might be reading this. It's an adults only event with booze so I think you should come!). What was I saying???.....of yah, so I had to make posters. Freehand. Using markers. How I of all people (I was a straight C art student) got sucked into this I'll never know.

The posters are nothing to write home about, but I sure had fun making them. I even got out the scissors and the glue to make some little star bursts....Hopefully everyone will like them (or pretend to).

Did I mention that there is going to be a raffle with tons of cool prizes? What are you waiting for? Tell me you want to come and I'll sign you up!

No comments: