Thursday, August 03, 2006

The cup is half empty

I’m in need of some positive energy right now to counter the whirlwind of negative thoughts in my head, including:

- wanting to throw a rock at the blaring boom box outside my window that the construction workers left on while they buggered off for two hours and counting.
- dreading the looks I’m going to get on the airplane when I get on board with a baby on Saturday. The “you better not be sitting next to me” look.
- please don't wake up four times again tonight because I don’t know how I can make it through another day of this!
- I can't believe that the house is already a disaster and the cleaning lady just left!
- Blueberries were a great hit. Too bad most of them landed on the white outfit that I just pulled out of the dryer.
- Is that another milk puke stain on the couch?
- Another 4 Canadian soldiers dead in Afghanistan. Sigh…
- Will they ever finish the deck so we can use our new BBQ?
- There is something soggy in the vegetable crisper. I think it's a cucumber, but I can't be sure.
- What’s that smell?

Oh good, the workers just came back. They turned off the radio and are leaving. I guess that’s one positive thing.

Please send me some positive thoughts. Or, even better, come babysit so I can get some sleep. Now that’s a positive thought!

1 comment:

Pirolito said...

I'm sorry I'm not near enough to go and babysit so you can get some sleep.
I found your blog while checking the nature of my visitors. I guess I just found another of those spamming sites, that entered my blog coming from yours (if this makes any sense at all!?)
Anyway, cheer up, it's just one of those days. I have a six year old. Just think that nothing can match the joy of seeing them grow up every day. Screw the milk puke stain on the couch.