Thursday, February 22, 2007

My cupboards are empty

Okay, this has got to stop. I need to reclaim our kitchen. The little guy has taken off running with every pot, pan, lid, collander, spoon, etc...in the joint. The clanging and the banging is driving me nuts! Not to mention the piles of confiscated stuff we're now storing on the countertop. Our floor is covered in cracker bits, cereal, rice and pasta from broken open packages. I'm not exagerating when I say that it looks like a hurricane blew through the kitchen (and the rest of the house for that matter). Just as I'm cleaning up one mess, he starts another one.

And, he's now discovered how to get at the garbage can under the sink. I think he's been throwing toys in there -- a lot of them have mysteriously gone missing in the last couple of days. He's either found a new hiding spot (hopefully not the toilet), or they are buried in the trash. I don't feel like digging around to find out.


Should I put locks on the cabinets, or block the kitchen with a gate? I'm thinking a better strategy would be to get him a play kitchen and a play garbage can and let him go wild. It's worth a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um hate to be the one to tell you but a play kitchen won't distract him from yours! Lock the cuppords that have food, garbage, and anything else you don't want him into....but leave one for him to play. Like with the pots & tupperware!

Good luck, next week there will be a new obsession! :)
Lisa