Thursday, September 03, 2009

The nudist

He's a nudist. What can I say?

Today at the park he stripped all of his clothes off and proceeded to stride about doing his very best blue heron imitation.

"It's time to put your bathing suit on," I told him.

"But blue herons don't where bathing suits," he replied.

"Yes, but they have feathers to hide their private parts."

He couldn't argue that point so on went the bathing suit!

************************

So the little guy is terrified of dogs. Even the tiny rodent-like foofoo dogs. If he sees a dog - even in the distance - he starts trembling uncontrollably. The other day he actually ran into the road to avoid a pug dog. When I got upset at him for running into the street he said, "But mom, there was a dog!" as though his actions were justifiable under the circumstances.

Today I tried to talk to him about his irrational fear of dogs, but he would have none of it. Here's what he told me:

"Dogs should always stay in their cages. Cats can go outside but not dogs."

Then he said, "I'm a cat person and daddy's a cat person, and you're a dog person."

He said this as though I was the scum of the earth or something. How could he have developed such a loathing for dogs when I'm the biggest dog lover in the world? It doesn't make sense! I think we might need to get a dog if he keeps this up much longer. I think it's the only way to cure him.

Hmmmph! Cat people. What's with them anyway?

No comments: