Saturday, April 18, 2009

What a sneak!

This morning the little guy got up at the crack of dawn, so we turned on the cartoon channel so we could lounge in bed for a little longer. I thought he was going to drift back to sleep watching a show at the end of our bed. When I opened my eyes to check on him (not sure how many minutes later), he had disappeared.

I poked my head into the hall and called to him. No answer. I called him again. No answer. At this point hubby jumped out of bed, worried. He called to him. Again, no answer. Hubby ran down the stairs and found him immediately. The reason he was being so strangely silent was because he was sitting at the dining room table peeling foil wrappers off of chocolate eggs. Chocolate eggs that I thought had been put out of reaching distance. We figured he'd eaten at least three or four of them before we caught him red handed.

Besides sneaking treats, he's also been known to sneak money from the change bowl. Yesterday, when he didn't think I was looking, he opened the drawer that the change bowl is located, grabbed some coins, and began shoving them into his pocket. He loves carrying money in his pockets (starts young, doesn't it?). No wonder I've been finding coins in the washing machine!

What a guy!

1 comment:

raino said...

that's funny!