Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I mine!

When baby boy overheard me telling hubby that he (baby boy) was my priority, he echoed my sentiments. "I mine!" he shouted, pointing at himself. I guess I know exactly where his priorities lie :)

********************
The first time he said it I just about fell off of my chair.

"Mommy," he said. "I want a baby."

I wasn't sure what to say, so I asked him if he wanted a real baby or a pretend toy baby. Without hesitating he replied "A real baby."

As it turned out, he had had the same conversation with Daddy. Only Daddy asked him if he wanted a baby brother or sister. The little guy pondered the question, but didn't reply.

Since then, he desire for a baby has become one of his favourite topics. And he's obviously given it some thought. He now says, "I want a baby. A sister kind."

No pressure or anything!!!!

************************

The icemaker, the garage door lifting, the aquarium filter, the fire engine sirens in the distance....if he hears a noise, he needs to know about it.

Any time there is a noise he pauses. His ears perk up like a German Shephard's, and he asks, "What kind is that, that sounding?"

**************************

Our hockey obsessed son has taken to wearing a basket on his head like a hockey helmet. And, to complete his uniform, he carefully balances his feet on a narrow foam block. He says, "I skating, Mommy."

Just as he has a preference for drinking milk that comes out of a red carton, he favours teams dressed in red jerseys. "I want play RED hockey, Mommy," he says.

Now that he's finally learned from all of the penalties we've given him for high sticking (i.e. hockey stick confiscation), it's "game on" all the time in our household!

No comments: