Friday, May 25, 2007

The best part of my day

I have a stressful job and, at times, a stressful life. The best stress buster I've found to date is a trip to our local park. Now that the weather is warm, the little guy and I stop there every day on our way home. And, every day, the same flock of kids, parents and caregivers descend upon the park at about the same time as well -- like geese around a pond.

When I open the park's gate, I leave all of my stress on the other side of the fence. Park time is play time. It is our time to run, jump, and climb; to dig in the sand; to chase birds and squirrels; to visit with our friends; and, to eat snacks on the park bench.

Best of all, park time is about spending quality time with my son after a long day at the office. I know he looks forward to it as much as I do.

When it's time to go home for dinner, it's reassuring to know that it will all happen again tomorrow at the same time, and same place. I guess you could say that my park is my sanctuary.

No comments: