Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bargains galore!

I had always heard that the annual Great Glebe Garage Sale was an event not to be missed. But in all my years living here, I've never gone. Until today, that is. I went with $15 in my wallet and came home with $10 in change even though I bought: a toy dinosaur and a huge bag full of clothes for the little guy (MEC fleece pants, rubber boots, 2 pairs of summer pjs, a pair of shorts, and two REALLY nice button up shirts. Not bad!

Of course we had to wade through a lot of junk before making these finds....But it was so much fun. The whole neighbourhood goes all out for the event. There were bands playing music, people selling homade hot dogs, lemonade, and baked goods on their driveways. The idea is to donate 10% of the proceeds to charity -- and I'm sure most people give more.

No comments: