Saturday, April 28, 2007

Watch out for the bear patrol!

The other day we had a funny run-in with a group of university students as we were walking down the street. Baby boy was wearing a shirt that says "Bear patrol" on it. When he saw the students approaching, he stopped dead in his tracks and pointed up at one of them -- a young male. The guy took one look at his shirt and ran away, shouting teasingly "Oh no! Let's get out of here -- it's the bear patrol! And I'm a bear!."

**************

Today we went shopping for a new bathroom faucet as part of our mini bathroom renovation. As we walked through the bathroom display rooms, the little guy pointed at every toilet and yelled "pooh pooh" at the top of his lungs.

*****************

When he pointed at our car and said "auto" the other day, I thought that some of the French words we have been teaching him had started to sink in. Not! It turns out that he was actually pointing past the car, at the bike, where he could see his helmet hanging from a handle bar. Daddy has been calling his helmet "hat-o" as a knick name. Now anything that goes on your head is called a "hat-o."

****************

I accidentally left a cup of coffee on the coffee table on morning, and went into the kitchen. The sound of silence from the living room alerted me that someone was up to no good. When I went to investigate I found baby boy trying to take a swig from my coffee cup. When he realized I had caught him red handed, he dropped the mug (without spilling, thankfully), and took off running.

No comments: