Friday, July 13, 2007

Bye-bye moon!

I now know why the children's book Good Night Moon is so popular. I could probably write a similar book, replacing all of the "good nights" with "bye-bye." My son says bye-bye to everyone and everything he encounters.

Bye-Bye cat.
Bye-bye woof.
Bye-bye that (if he doesn't know what to call something).
Bye-bye pretty (waving at flowers).
Bye-bye house
Bye-bye water (as bath water drains).
Bye-bye baby (he says this to me when I leave for work)
Bye-bye ray-bow (rainbow)
Bye-bye bus
and, you guessed it, bye-bye pee-pee and bye-bye pooh-pooh

For the first time tonight he put "I" in front of an adjective. He said "I sleepy" when I asked him if he wanted to go to bed. Wow!

In other news, we now have a big boy bed. We ended up buying a futon bed made out of 100% cotton, with a layer of flame retardant wool. We looked into other organic bed options, but this was by far the most affordable. With the frame and futon combined, we spent less than $300. Tomorrow we're going to get it all set up, and then try to sell him on the whole "big boy bed" concept. If it doesn't fly, we can always revert back to his baby bed. I don't think it will be a problem getting him to sleep in his new bed. The problem will be getting him to stay in his bed. I have a feeling he's going to be a little escape artist. Stay tuned!

No comments: